Air Compressors for Energy Exploration
The energy industry represents a distinct sector, one that requires rugged, high-quality equipment. With the high demands of today’s energy companies, only the best equipment will suffice. Fortunately, Quincy Compressor offers air compressors for energy exploration that are designed to address the challenges of working in the energy industry.
Here’s a closer look at how air compressors for energy exploration work, along with the challenges of the energy industry and why oil, gas and other energy companies need air compressors for energy.
Air Compressors and the Energy Sector
Today, the United States serves as the leader in the production and supply of energy. The International Trade Commission also points out the United States remains “the world’s most attractive market in the $6 trillion global energy market” thanks in part to the hard work of its energy companies.
U.S. energy companies drive the global energy market by producing oil, gas and other energy sources through complex infrastructure networks. However, without the right equipment, these energy companies may struggle to drive the global energy sector forward.
Air compressors for energy exploration allow energy companies to enjoy long-term success and profitability. They are ideal for drilling rigs, pipeline operations and petroleum refineries and are capable of providing the reliable operation and efficient performance that energy companies demand. Therefore, air compressors for energy companies can deliver substantial return on investment (ROI) and help ensure these businesses can keep their day-to-day operations on track.
The Challenges of the Energy Sector
Energy exploration operators often face harsh conditions, and inferior air compressors may make it nearly impossible for energy companies to remain productive and efficient.
For example, air compressors for energy at drilling rigs and stationary platforms in open waters can be compromised quickly due to excessive salt and humidity. If these air compressors fail, it may take several hours or days to repair or replace this equipment since help is often miles away. As a result, energy exploration operations may cease, resulting in reduced productivity for an energy company that could hurt its brand reputation and revenues.
It also is important to consider how air compressors for energy exploration perform in remote offshore locations. Typically, replacing, repairing or even maintaining these units can be costly and time- and resource-intensive. Therefore, energy companies that invest in subpar air compressors for energy in remote offshore locations may miss out on opportunities to boost their revenues, enhance their brand reputation and provide customers with the support they deserve.
When it comes to air compressors for energy exploration, why should an energy exploration operator leave anything to chance? Instead, investing in a first-rate air compressor for energy is critical. This equipment will perform in extreme cold or humidity, allowing your operation to continue reliably in even harsh conditions. Furthermore, a top-of-the-line air compressor generally doesn’t require rapid replacement, meaning you can maximize your ROI.
At Quincy Compressor, we understand the challenges of the energy sector and why you need air compressors for energy that are dependable and constructed to last. As such, we offer equipment that is built as part of our industry-leading quality-control processes and is designed to perform in harsh conditions. Quincy offers a variety of options tailored to the sector such as oversized all metal skids for easy transport and installation. Choose a rig and rental package to take advantage of proven design components to deliver reliable performance.
The True Value of Air Compressors for Energy Exploration
The International Energy Agency reports world energy production hit 13.8 million tons in 2014, up 1.5 percentage points from 2013. Meanwhile, energy consumption continues to increase globally, creating new opportunities for energy companies in the United States and beyond.
Air compressors specifically designed for energy exploration ensure energy companies are equipped to meet the world’s energy needs both now and in the the future. They provide consistent, reliable performance, regardless of what your team faces. Plus, air compressors for energy companies are designed for a wide range of applications.
Quincy air compressors serve as top-rated choices among energy companies and stand out for a number of reasons, such as:
- Unparalleled dependability: The Quincy team understands the bare minimum simply won’t work for energy companies given the harsh conditions they encounter every day. Thus, our air compressors are built through superior engineering and comprehensive manufacturing processes. Our equipment will perform as needed to power tools, get engines and motors going or provide support in conveying drilling materials.
- Valued cost of ownership: Quincy air compressor repair and maintenance costs are among some of the lowest for air compressors for energy exploration. We provide extended warranty programs on select air compressors for energy, and our QSI rotary screw airend ranks among the most reliable
- Precise controls: Our air compressors feature numerous control options, making it easy for you to maintain optimal efficiency. In fact, our QSI series air compressors include a microprocessor-based control system and a user-friendly navigation menu, ensuring you can fine-tune your air compressor without having to remember codes or navigate complicated parameters. Plus, if conditions are not friendly for highly sophisticated technical controls, Quincy offers gauge controls.
- Long-lasting performance: Quincy air compressors for energy exploration include a high-performance filter for extended longevity. They are designed to limit maintenance as well as the risk of downtime.
- Integrated Air Package: You can pair any Quincy QSI air compressor for energy with an inline filter and refrigerated drier for a fully integrated system that is compliant with ISO 85184.108.40.206.1 standards.
Applications of Air Compressors for Energy Exploration
Quincy air compressors for energy exploration are designed for both onshore and offshore use. They are ideal for any business engaged in energy exploration and seabed surveying. Additionally, they are commonly used to power air guns or to compensate for motion caused by turbulent seas.
To better understand how our air compressors for energy exploration can support an energy company, let’s consider a recent example.
ENSCO International, a leading offshore oil and gas drilling contractor, recently used Quincy air compressors for its offshore drilling operations. The S&P 500 company required reliable, performance-driven equipment to help maintain its operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Due to the Gulf’s extreme humidity and moisture, ENSCO needed compressors that were air cooled and could run properly in above-average temperatures for extended periods of time.
Failure was not an option for ENSCO or its air compressors. Because the company’s drilling rigs were in open water miles from the shoreline, its air compressors needed to remain operational at all times. If an air compressor stopped working, the company’s productivity would immediately come to a halt.
To ensure its drilling rigs could continue to perform, ENSCO implemented Quincy QSI rotary screw compressors. These units powered the drilling rigs’ main compressed air systems and supplied rig air for its pneumatic controls and functions, including air-powered tools and clutching operations. With these compressors, ENSCO guaranteed maximum air production with minimal horsepower, prolonging the life of their compressors and ensuring the company could enjoy the benefits of increased efficiency at the same time.
The use of Quincy QSI rotary screw compressors also made it easier for ENSCO to move bulk materials that were used to make drilling mud. These compressors were even able to pump dry cement as needed.
ENSCO relies on Quincy Compressor equipment for its demanding industrial applications. With Quincy’s air compressors for energy companies, ENSCO can maintain its everyday operations and minimize the chance of decreased productivity due to inferior air compressors.
Enjoy Quality Air Compressors for Energy Exploration From Quincy
Air compressors for energy exploration should deliver long-term value. With Quincy air compressors for energy at your disposal, your company can benefit from equipment that is designed with your business’ needs in mind.
The Quincy team understands that energy companies require dependable air compressors that will perform continuously in the toughest conditions. To ensure our employees can build high-quality air compressors for energy companies, we follow a model that we call “Total Customer Value” (TCV) to guarantee your business can purchase the best air compressors at all times.
TCV guarantees our employees possess the tools and resources they need to succeed. It empowers our staff to focus on responding to customer requirements and exploring ongoing improvements to our everyday operations, ensuring our customers can expect the best air compressors for energy exploration.
TCV encourages our employees to drive cost reductions through value engineering and global sourcing, making it easier for our customers to get the best equipment at the best prices.
To date, TCV has helped Quincy Compressor become a leading provider of air compressors for energy and a successful global organization. It will continue to serve as the centerpiece of our business strategy and allow us to focus on what’s important — providing our customers with exceptional air compressors for energy exploration and other industrial applications.
Choose From a Large Assortment of Air Compressors for Energy Exploration
We offer many reliable air compressors for energy companies, such as:
Our QSI air compressors are designed to deliver up to 100,000 hours of service. They require less maintenance and deliver increased average uptime compared to many traditional air compressors for energy, enabling you to enjoy a faster ROI.
- Available with optional Power$ync variable capacity control at certain horsepower ranges
- Air or water cooled air compressors are available to meet your company’s needs
- Offers sound levels as low as 66 dBA, depending on model. This means dealing with less noise overall.
- Backed by an extended 10-year Royal Blue Warranty
- 130,000-hour design for specific models is more than double the anticipated lifespan of many conventional air compressors
- 5.7″ full-color electronic display makes it easy to check the status of the air compressor at any time
- Industrial duty direct drive guarantees long-lasting quality
- 100-150 psig
- 90-1500 psm
Our QSLP low-pressure air compressors represent great alternatives to rotary vane, oil-free and two-stage units, and for good reason.
Our QSLP air compressors are perfect for low-pressure applications and deliver 25-40 psig with optimal energy efficiency. They require between 10 percent and 25 percent less energy than many traditional air compressors, ensuring you can reduce your energy consumption as well.
- 300,000-hour L-10 bearing life, guaranteeing the air compressor will serve you well for an extended period of time
- Easy to optimize the unit’s energy efficiency at 7 cfm/hp
- Air or water cooled options are available
- Provides a positive displacement pump
- Includes a modulating inlet valve
- Offers a full instrumentation panel for simple control
- TEFC and NEMA options are offered
- Supported by an extended 10-year warranty
Our QRNG air compressors for energy exploration are designed exclusively for natural gas applications. They consist of heavy-duty cast iron, guaranteeing unsurpassed strength and versatility. The air compressors’ cylinders feature horizontal cooling fins and machined to rigid tolerances, further enhancing the units’ overall value.
Each QRNG air compressor also includes a state-of-the-art pressure lubrication system, rebuildable connecting rods and low-lift valves. There are nine QRNG models available, along with optional gas unloaders.
- Delivers low-cost gas compression
- Features corrosion/wear-resistant seals for amazing quality
- Designed for fast, easy maintenance
- Closed loop ensures no leakage to atmosphere
- Single- and two-stage models are available, with 2-34 hp
- Ps 15″ hg-15 psig/Pd to 400 psig
- Offers one-piece crankshaft
- Individually accessible valves
For high-demand compressed air applications, our QR-25 reciprocating technology, heavy-duty compressors serve as terrific choices. The air compressors for energy exploration deliver dependable, time-tested performance and will serve the needs of your company for years to come. They also are backed by extended warranties and are designed to provide limited cost of ownership.
Our QR-25 runs at slower speeds and is pressure lubricated, making it a top choice for heavy-duty applications. It also offers a durable cast iron frame, minimizing the risk of failure or downtime.
- Loadless starting, making it simple to operate the air compressor
- Features a manually reversible oil pump
- Offers intake unloaders to reduce your workload
- Single- and two-stage QR-25 models are available
- 100 percent duty-cycle rated
- 1-25 hp, 500 psig maximum
Enjoy Proven Support From Quincy Air Compressors
For more than 95 years, Quincy has focused on delivering uncompromising reliability and performance for even the most demanding applications. Our flagship products are synonymous with providing “Performance You Demand. Reliability You Trust.” – a mission we continue to follow.
Whether it’s mining, drilling or other energy applications, we emphasize creating all of our air compressors to the highest standards of quality control possible. At our manufacturing headquarters in Bay Minette, Alabama, we operate as an ISO 9001-registered manufacturing facility and comply with repeatable, scalable processes to guarantee all our products deliver the durability and performance you demand.
At Quincy Compressor, we make it simple for you to find a broad array of Quincy air compressors for energy exploration and other applications. You can review our air compressors online or with the specification expertise of our authorized distributors and company store personnel. With our air compressor professionals readily available, you’ll be able to receive expert support to ensure you can find the right air compressor to keep your business up and running efficiently.
Our air compressors for energy and other applications enable you to maintain your everyday operations and reduce the need for expensive, time-consuming air compressor repairs and replacements and more.
To locate your nearest authorized Quincy dealer, please visit our Sales and Service Locator.